Saturday, July 11, 2015

(FFWD} Wrapping up

As you know from previous posts, my French cooking chapter with French Fridays with Dorie has come closed. The 3rd celebration week was the Play it Again Dorie recipe and the 4th week was a wrap up. Well, my play it again recipe was the sugar crusted french toast. That is a well loved recipe around our house and I make it on special occasions since it is SUGAR crusted french toast. ;) I can say with certainty there are never any leftovers when this is on the menu.



As far as a wrap up goes this has been a fantastic group of people to get to know and to cook along with over the last 4 and a half ish years. I know I didn't get to all of the recipes but will keep trying along the way. Because of this experience I know I can tackle any recipe and have an end product that is edible and that my family will at least try. Thanks to our fearless leaders we were always in good hands when it came to the schedule and for what recipes had already been completed and what was left. I have a love and appreciation for Dorie, her cookbooks, and her writing style. She writes to you and helps you feel confident with the stories for each recipe. If you ever get a chance to be a part of something like this jump at it! Learn some new skills and make friends with lots of new people. And if you get to meet them in person enjoy those moments!



Make sure to check out the LYL to see how others wrapped up they time cooking along. :)

5 comments:

  1. Great post Karen. This has been quite a journey for all of us and I have certainly enjoyed cooking along with you. It has been fun learning so many great techniques, trying foods I would never have thought of, some
    that will not be seen again, but that's the fun of it. I had never seen that group photo before, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been such a worthwhile, fun group. I'm hoping that there will be further adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I think we'd all agree with your thoughts on FFWD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - I would do this again in a heartbeat.
    I enjoyed meeting you and experiencing this French Friday journey with you.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the sugar-crusted french toast. I think I need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete