{TWD:BCM} Lemon Madeleines


The last few weeks here in the south have been a frozen tundra...OK, I suppose it hasn't been as bad as up north and on the east coast. But, it has been cold! These Lemon Madeleines were summer on a winters day. The hardest part about them was beating the eggs with a whisk, and only because we had gone sledding the day before and I attempted to snow board....I am sure you can guess how that ended if it hurt to whisk. ;)

These, of course, were a hit in my house. I had to hide some so I would have some cookies left over for photos. The recipe only makes 12 so they did not last long. If you are longing for summer in the midst of winter pick up a copy of Baking Chez Moi by Dorie Greenspan and make these light, delicious cookies!

Make sure to also check out the LYL over at Tuesday with Dorie to see how other cookies around the world liked these!

Comments

  1. you baked up some nice little treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Somehow I ended up with 20, and thought that my madeleine moulds are the standard size ones! We enjoyed these, really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you brought these back inside by the fire to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really were good, weren't they? I'm sure your family enjoyed them! Glad your injuries weren't serious but good for you for trying to snowboard:) Those falls just hurt more as we get older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, these were perfect with my tea on a chilly day! Looks like it might actually feel like spring this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved these too, especially the lemony flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your madeleines look fantastic! Great looking glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of the plate of "summer" amidst the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look good - I hope you have recovered from all your outdoor activities. It looks like you guys have been making the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been a cold winter here in the south-we have had 3 times the normal snowfall here in Williamsburg! These were great with hot tea and so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a brave soul, Karen! Hope you have recovered!
    Your madeleines are perfectly beautiful!! I loved this recipe and the wonderful lemon glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your madeleines do look like sunshine in the frozen tundra! hope it's melting away there...after this warmer week, the snow's almost gone here in New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your photos, they make your madeleines look so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beating with a whisk -- kudos to you for doing that with snowboard-sore arms! (I totally used the mixer).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started out whisking by hand, but ended up using the hand-mixer. Seems like it took forever. Glad everyone enjoyed them, and you able to save some!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment