Saturday, January 31, 2015

{FFWD} Croquants


The last few French Fridays recipes have been fishy and we have been running around like crazy with basketball so we not been home for a lot of cooking. This week's recipe took one bowl, I got to use my digital scale, and these cookies baked for 8 minutes.


My little taste testers all said they loved these! These croquants are crispy, crunchy cookies. They are supposed to be much prettier than this as mine spread. I am guessing since I used half nuts and half chocolate there wasn't enough filler to bind the cookies. No matter, they were delicious! :) My family doesn't mind when my cookies turn out wacky as long as they taste good. 




Check out the LYL on French Fridays with Dorie to see what these were actually supposed to look like. :) There are only a few recipes left until the end of this cookbook! Make sure to get your copy and follow along!


11 comments:

  1. These were good, weren't they - and I bet no-one complained about the chocolate in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely…chocolate was a great addition! These really were wonderful…a big hit in my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know these work out so well with chocolate! These are always a hit when I make them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we enjoyed these, and I'm sure with the addition of the chocolate, they were super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, half nuts, half dark chocolate sounds delightful to me - your croquants certainly look crunchy and quite delicious, I am not surprise that your little taste testers adored them!
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what would happen if I used chocolate instead of some or all of the nuts. I'm sure they tasted good. Now I'm thinking of trying adding chocolate but using the same amount of nuts so it all binds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, taste is definitely the priority! Glad you liked these!! I wish I had added chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you were the only person who made these with chocolate. Would you make them with chocolate again? My little taster does not like nuts but the big people in my life loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, I think I would make them with chocolate again but maybe dark chocolate instead of milk. I would also add a little salt or maybe include toffee. :)

      Delete
  9. I am glad my family loves wacky too, otherwise I'd be in trouble :-)
    The chocolate add sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wacky cookies are sometimes the best cookies! I like the idea of chocolate and nuts. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will try that!

    ReplyDelete