Monday, January 26, 2015

{Blogging for Books} It Was Me All Along

The very first thing I have to say about the author of this book is how very personable she is. While on instagram I saw Jessica of  My Baking Heart had posted a photo of this book. I commented that I was about to read this book also. Andie commented back to both of us! :) Of course she is an active food blogger and recipe creator. You can read more about her at her website here.
Photo courtesy of Jessica of My Baking Heart
I was immediately hooked when I sat down to read "It Was Me All Along". The vivid descriptions of her earliest memories with food were gripping and made me want to read more. I wanted to see how she got to the point where she is now. There was heartbreak, depression, friendship, love, loss, and an amazing journey. There were moments when I could see myself in what she was writing. I was amazed at her candor and transparency at the struggle. Andie Mitchell wrote an incredible memoir that anyone struggling with weight should read. Those not struggling with weight should read it to get a look at what someone struggling with weight loss and maintaining a weight loss might go through. She notes that everyone is different, everyone's struggles are different but she tells her story in a beautifully relatable way. Go get this book now!

I received a review copy of this book from Blogging for Books.





No comments:

Post a Comment