Tis the Season...of sickness

We are free!! School is out for Christmas break which means we are able to turn off the alarm and enjoy each others company! You know...once we are all healthy again. Oh, one of those posts you say. Yep, one of those.

I started a cough right before Thanksgiving. I drank peppermint tea and sucked cough drops. It turned productive and then was almost gone. Then, wouldn't you know it! That darn cough came back with a vengeance and brought along its friends fever and chills. I talked to my mom who said "go to the doctor, you probably have bronchitis and while you are at it make sure to schedule that appointment you are supposed to get when you turn 40"! So I made an appointment and in the meantime asked facebook to diagnose me. I had several guesses for flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. Wouldn't you know it my doctor said I probably had the flu that turned into bronchitis. Moms are always right!

When I exited my appointment I decided to head to the big box store to pick up some essentials. However, as I was pulling into the parking lot I got a call from Little Mans school. He had a tummy ache. I have never been called to pick him up from school for being sick so I knew I needed to go get him. My poor little guy was white as a sheet and almost in tears. I took him with me to pick up my prescription for bronchitis and then brought him home. Poor guy threw up as soon as we walked in the door and slept on and off for the rest of the day. By 8 pm he was feeling great but still running a fever.

I had one of those precious moments with him though when he said "Mommy, will you sing to me while I go to sleep?" So sweet!

We are praying that being out of school for the next couple of weeks gives us all the chance to get healthy and stay healthy! Hopefully the school will be completely sanitized and ready for healthy kids in January,

Here is to a healthy Christmas and New year to you!

Comments

  1. I love hearing Mom's always right. Gets me every time. I hope you are all feeling better and getting plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment