Wednesday, March 19, 2014

{Nashville Food Bloggers} Tennessee Flavors

Braised Short Ribs from Music City Center, Strawberries with Goat Cheese and Candied Walnut from Second Harvest Food Bank, and Display by the Culinary School.
 Last Thursday was the 3rd annual Tennessee Flavors event at Nashville State Community College. The proceeds went to benefit the School of Culinary Arts at NSCC and the Nashville State Foundation. Over 70 vendors from Tennessee provided samples for everyone to try. My friend Melissa came with me and we made our leisurely (if cramped) way around the two rooms that were filled with vendors. I actually won tickets through the Nashville Food Bloggers to attend the event. Corbin in the Dell and Beth Sachan helped create a community presence for this event this year and were able to give away some tickets to Nashville Food Bloggers. To enter I needed to leave a link to one of the companies or products I had blogged about in the past. This post from Arrington was the one I posted. I was one of the lucky ones that was selected for tickets!
Nola Granola, Grilled Crostini, Culinary Students with Popcorn Sutton, Mista Dale with his Mustard Slaw
Melissa and I started out with popcorn and moved on to Panna Cotta with Blood Orange cream from Etch. We had hot dogs with Mustard Slaw from Mista Dale's (and got to meet the man himself), and ginger cookies from Provence. Ruth's Chris has a sweet potato dessert and there were braised short ribs from the Music City Center.
There was seafood, and meats, fritters, and desserts. And apparently, Tennessee is home to a lot of wine, whiskey, and moonshine! We ended with a quick trip back to the Culinary School table and ended with a George Dickel Tiramisu.
Bravo Gelato, Bacon and Cheddar Grit Fritters, Meats from Gray's on Main
This was a fun event and I am so glad I got to experience new Tennessee restaurants and organizations that I didn't know about before. I am also glad this event raised money for the school! I challenge you to check this out when it comes around next year! :)

1 comment: