Wednesday, March 05, 2014

{Nashville Food Bloggers} The Row


The other day I was lucky enough to get to go to my second ever Nashville Food Blogger Event at The Row. They invited us to check out their new breakfast menu and taste all kinds of delicious treats. Someone commented on a photo I posted on Instagram that it looked more like dessert than breakfast. That was before the yogurt with fruit and Le Country Boy Bennie were brought out. Overheard "they are food bloggers". That statement was made after the pancakes, beignets, and waffles were brought out and no one touched the food except to get better light for their photos. Once we were done shooting and posting our photos we were all ready to dig in. We divided the dishes and took them back to our tables to sample.
One of my favorite dishes from the morning was the Eggs Benedict. I went on a cruise a few years ago and discovered that I liked hollandaise and slightly runny yolks in that particular dish at that time. The eggs in this dish are cooked using the Sous Vide technique. I heard about this at the IFBC conference back in September but hadn't had a chance to sample anything using that technique before. The eggs were cooked just the way I like them.

If you like beignets you must try their biscuit beignets. If you like nothing else you will love these! I don't know why you wouldn't love everything else though as it was all delicious. Another carb loaded option is the buttery biscuits with housemade tomato, strawberry, or blackberry jam. There was plenty of sweet on the menu but you could also go with the vegetarian omelet if you wanted something a little healthier. If you are a coffee drinker, they will even bring a press to your table with one of four coffee options.
One of my favorite parts of this event (aside from the food of course) was meeting some of the other Nashville Food Bloggers. The bloggers at my table were Maddie of Maddielite, Phillip from Southern Fatty, and Thallen of Thallen B. Living. All of them were friendly and engaging and I hope to see each them at future events!

If you are looking for someplace to eat breakfast in Nashville ( I know we always are) I highly suggest you check out The Row. It is on Lyle Ave within walking distance of Vanderbilt.
The Row Kitchen & Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments: