{FFWD} Apple and Candied Bacon Tartine


I know, it is Sunday and I am running late on posting but my recipe today is really "inspired" by Friday's French Fridays with Dorie Recipe. The recipe that my fellow Doristas made was Scallop and Onion Tartines. Since none of eat scallops in my house and I was making them on a day when I had a kiddo with severe fish and shellfish allergies over I changed everything. I cut the puff pastry into squares instead of circles and baked them according to the recipe (with a second baking sheet on top so they didn't puff). I made some candied bacon and chopped it up, sliced an apple, and sprinkled on some mini chocolate chips. This was a pretty tasty little breakfast for my kiddos and their friends that spent the night. I think next time I would toss the apples in cinnamon sugar and bake them just a bit longer but it was pretty good for a first attempt. :)

Comments

  1. What a lovely creation and a super duper amazing threat for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an inspired creation, Karen! What doesn't taste good (a) on puff pastry and (b) with bacon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your dessert version of this. I am sure it was family approved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would have eaten that combo at any time of day :) Inspired indeed and great photos !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't I come to your house? I prefer candy over scallops anytime. You're a good Mom, Karen. This is what FFWD is all about - using your guidance and recipes, make dishes and plan menus that fit into your lifestyle and that can keep your family happy. Way to go. Whenever you post is just fine. I'm amazed all you busy moms can get this done every week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment