Wednesday, January 01, 2014

What is on Your Night Stand?

Last year I had a goal to read more and watch less TV. I was hoping to get through 52 books and I made it to 41. Of course I did read the Outlander series and each of those books are 1000 pages so maybe they count extra.... ;) I am setting out again to read 52 books this year and maybe include a little more non fiction. So what is your reading goal this year?
This was an attempt last year. Made it through part of Life of Pi, Part of Discovery of Witches, part of The Postmistress so I didn't count them on my list.

These are the books I read in 2013:
January:
Room by Emma Donoghue
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Safe Haven Nicolas Sparks
The Timekeeper Mitch Albom

February:
The Book Thief by Zusak
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Soulless Christopher Golden

March:
World War Z

April:
Outlander by Diana Galbaldan
Dragonfly in Amber Diana Galbaldan

May:
Voyager by Diana Galbaldan
Beautiful Chaos by Kim Garcia and Margaret Stohl

June:
The other Faust

July:
Are you There God? It’s Me Margaret.
Head in Beds Jacob Tomsky
The Beach Trees by Karen White
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Pastors Wives Lisa Takuechi Cullen

August:
The Passage by Justin Cronin
Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Let Them be Eaten by Bears: A Fearless Guide to Taking Our Kids into the Great Outdoors
Drums in Autumn by Diana Gabaldan

September
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldan

October
The Giver Lois Lowry
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
Messenger by Lois Lowry

November
Son by Lois Lowry
Echo in the Bone by Diana Galbaldon
A novel in a Year by Louise Dougerty
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Here I go by Jen Lancaster

December
Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster
Romeo and Juliet and Vampires by Claudia Gabal
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah
A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldan
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
My Story by Elizabeth Smart with Chris Stewart

3 comments:

Anne said...

Have you read Wonder? So good and a great read for your sweet girl as well. Alexander and I read it last month.

Karen Reinsch said...

My girl read that one last month but I didn't get a chance before it went back to the library. She loved it!

Arisuchan said...

Are you on Goodreads?

I do the Reading Challenge every year where you set a personal goal of books to read from jan one til dec 31 and you can track your progress with each book on there. I even have a widget on my blog so you can see what im reading now and how far into it I am. Its helping me to keep accountable for my reading. :) but its also neat cuz you can see who else is reading what and how close to their goal they are. I think Liz does it too - you totally should! I'll put the link on a facebook message for you!