Monday, November 04, 2013

IFBC Roomies

Ashlee, Jesseca, Me, Carolyn
OK, this may be my last IFBC post for awhile. I think I could write a ton more. One of the best parts of the conference for me was meeting so many talented cooks/writers/photographers! Of course finances was a huge part of this trip so when I saw Jesseca was looking for an extra roommate I sent her a message asking if I could join her. She and Ashlee flew in together on Friday and were able to get checked in. They were not there when I got into the room so I had a few minutes to call Bobby and let him know how things were going. They came back soon after though and introductions were made. Later that evening I got to meet Carolyn, with whom I was sharing a bed.

I have to say, I gained a lot of insight from the different workshops I went to but just sitting down with these three talented ladies in our room, talking about analytics, and sharing tips (them a lot more than me) about how to do this food blogger thing was probably the most helpful thing for me!

If I get to go to another conference in the future I hope I will get to room with these ladies again!

Check out their websites to see their gorgeous food photography and their scrumptious recipes!
Jesseca - One Sweet Appetite
Ashlee - I'm Topsy Turvy
Carolyn - All Day I Dream About Food

3 comments:

  1. How neat Karen!! Share some of your favorite tips that you learned between your roomies please! I'm intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, some of the tips were days to post, how to make sure you weren't stealing someones recipe, and how to use analytics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In most of the conferences I have attended, I learn just as much from fellow bloggers than from the actual conference. So glad you had such terrific roomies :)

    ReplyDelete