Whole 30 Lasagna

Last month when Bobby and I were doing Whole 30 I found some great recipes that I will definitely use again. In our 15 years of marriage I have only made lasagna once or twice. Part of the reason for this is that my hubs does not like ricotta cheese and will not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Since this lasagna is dairy and pasta free I thought it would be a win! I used this recipe from CupcakesOMG! and changed it just a bit to suit my family. Instead of Italian sausage I used turkey sausage and I used a white onion instead of red. I did use a small 8 x 8 pan and used 2 zucchinis. I started out trying to slice the zucchini with a knife but was quite unsuccessful and I was a little afraid of chopping off a finger so I busted out the Pampered Chef Mandolin. I lost the guard long ago so there was still the possibility of chopping off a finger but I was aware and managed to come out unscathed.

After browning the ground beef and turkey sausage I mixed all of the other ingredients in and layered them with the zucchini and black olives. If you have read my blog for long you know black olives are not on top of my must eat list but the rest of my family loves them.

All I can say is "win, win , win"! Not only did this make a fantastic, filling dinner, it heated up quite well for lunch the next day! If you are looking for something dairy or gluten free check this out! You cannot go wrong!

Comments

  1. That looks really good. I guess I'll have to give it a try. Bring the recipe when you come to visit and we'll make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment