{FFWD} Pork Chops with Rosemary Butter and Two Catch Up Recipes

Whew! It has been a couple of weeks since I have been on the blogging band wagon with French Fridays with Dorie. I have made some of the recipes but while we were doing Whole30 items like Floating Islands were out. However, we are done now and I have added food items back in that we were not eating.

The pork chops up at the top of the pictures was supposed to be veal. I did look for veal but did not see anything that fit the bill at the grocery store. Others said they were using pork chops and that is something I usually have in the freezer. I took 4 tablespoons of butter and mixed in rosemary, thyme, and garlic salt. This went back in the fridge while I made the pork chops. The chops cooked in my big skillet with a little olive oil, minced garlic, and more rosemary. Once they were cooked through I added white wine and chicken broth, cooked it down and sprinkled it over the cooked chops. I sliced a dollop of rosemary and put it on top of the chop and served it with lemon steamed spinach. Have you been to a fancy restaurant where they have a flavor infused butter on their steaks? This, this is what you want! I will definitely be making this butter again to add to chops and steaks! So delicious. Unfortunately, I did not have time to savor my dinner that night as I was running out the door to work.

The next set of pictures is for duck chicken breasts with fresh peaches. The chicken turned out pretty good but the peaches did not. I think if I had used duck instead of chicken there may have been a big difference in the taste. When I said that was what I was going to get at the store though Munchkin made the puke face and my hubster may have copied her. My family has no problem eating chicken but ducks seem to be another story. I think if I had just sliced the peaches and placed them on the plates instead of trying to roast them they would have tasted better. The peaches also may not have been quite as ripe as they needed to be.

The last set of pictures is for Swordfish with Frilly Herb Salad. You can see I am missing frilly herb salad. Sometimes I have fresh herbs but more often I have dried. I did have lovely yellow squash to use though and it steamed up nicely. I have to admit, I have never been much of a fish fan. Before this day, I had never had swordfish. I didn't even really know where to look for it. However, the day I went looking for it at Publix I found it on sale! It was meant to be. :) I was a little afraid but this was delicious! Both kids and my husband loved it as well. I am sure part of it was the marinade that included capers that made it so tasty. What ever it was I will likely make this again.

I am still missing several recipes from the last month or so but I am hoping to catch up soon. Make sure to check out French Fridays with Dorie to see how other cooks around the world enjoyed these recipes. You can also pick up Around My French Table at Amazon. I just became an affiliate so if you click the link I may get a small percentage of sales.

Next week:Tuna Packed Piquillo Peppers

Comments

  1. Nice catch up! I think the swordfish with frilly salad was my favorite. I used veal for last week's recipe but I bet the pork chops were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch up! It all looks delicious. We didn't care for the frilly herb salad, so I don't think you missed anything...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment