Friday, June 07, 2013

{FFWD} Goat Cheese & Strawberry Tartine

 It is still Friday in my neck of the woods and it has been one heck of a week. This Goat Cheese and Strawberry Tartine was a perfect after band camp/pre dinner snack. It was easy and super fast which were both imperative this week. I taught 4 classes, went on a band field trip to a wave pool, cleaned my house in anticipation of a birthday party, and I actually have 6 boys and 2 girls at my house right now for a sleepover. I may very well fall asleep while typing.
This was a tiny bit bland and didn't pop nearly as much as I thought it would. Of course I used the last of my balsamic vinegar a month ago and that probably would have made all the difference. Both of my kiddos ate this and liked it. I did like it too but will add the balsamic the next time. Thank goodness for easy recipes!

12 comments:

  1. Definitely use balsamic next time, it really did make all the difference. Good luck with your busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Must. Use. Balsamic. And extra grinds of fresh black pepper for kick. These looked so red and luscious thought...I would have loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of easy summer recipes! I bet you'll swoon when you try these with balsamic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely try it again with the balsamic. I used a balsamic reduction, and they were to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balsamic for sure. I also added a little mint with mine. But basil would be particularly nice as well I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the intense red of your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely try it with the balsamic…it just kicks it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The balsamic is key here. I had some really thick sweet stuff which was perfect. I used it quite sparingly at first and then got a bit more heavy handed with each piece of toast.

    Good luck with your full house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am tired just reading about your week - good for you to even post the recipe :) We absolutely adored this one. I toasted the bread and Nana hooked me up with the creamy goat cheese that looked a lot like our whipped cream cheese. Did taste different and by the time I hit it with pepper and vinegar it was a whole nother thing :) Great photo ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! We seem to lead parallel lives! Love the big chaotic sleepovers :)
    Your dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The balsamic is mandatory!
    Chaos rules here as well... Thank goodness for quick and easy

    ReplyDelete
  12. you know, I wound up just slicing the berries in half and slathering them in goat cheese and it was AMAZING. I didnt care for it on bread at all.. :)

    ReplyDelete