{FFWD} Cheating on Winter Pea Soup

Way back at the beginning of February I made Brown Sugar Squash and Brussels Sprouts. The same night I made Cheating on Winter Pea Soup. I was running out the door to teach a class so I had to leave the finishing touches to my hubster. I passed off the immersion blender with not quite specific instructions and ran out the door. He was so sweet and even took a few pictures for me.
I told my students what I had been cooking and they thought the name was really funny. 


This soup came together very quickly and was surprisingly tasty. I don't believe I have tried pea soup before simply because it looks kind of gross but I am glad I made this. My daughter liked it, my hubs liked it, and my little man was not a big fan. The addition of bacon bits kept this from being a completely vegetarian meal which suited my carnivore hubs. :) 

Make sure to take a look at the LYL to see how other cooks around the world liked this recipe! You can also find the recipe in Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.

Comments

  1. It looks really good, Karen! Dad is always trying to get me to make pea soup so maybe I will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised that my fussy eater liked this one - it was definitely better than I thought it would be.
    Brave of you to hand off the immersion blender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of your husband to finish it up! Looks like he did a good job too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet this was nice with a bit of bacon on top. It's such a pretty soup! So green. Definitely a nice soup for the middle of winter. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teamwork! Give the hubs a pat on the back. This was such a nice and easy soup. Perfect winter treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup looks lovely. The family enjoyed this soup and I liked it. Cause it was so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could get help like that now and then! Your soup looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This soup took me by surprise…never thought my husband would eat it! We both enjoyed it…very fresh tasting! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos and presentation! It's great that it worked for almost everyone in the family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- those photos are fabulous. The one with the plated soup- creme fraiche all drizzled is especially gorgeous ! Apologize for the late comment- I had too much fun running around seeing the Barefoot Contessa and cooking and ended up with a miserable cold (but it was worth it). Glad I had so much soup to enjoy ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment