Saturday, February 02, 2013

{FFWD} Brown Sugar Squash and Brussels Sprouts en papillote



This weeks recipe for French Fridays with Dorie was Brown Sugar Squash and Brussels Sprouts roasted in foil packages. It took about 15 minutes to peel the and chop the veggies, tuck them into their packages, and then toss them in the oven for 20 minutes. I was a little concerned about the Brussels Sprouts because they have such a bad rap. The concern was for naught though. With the addition of a little olive oil, brown sugar and sage they were quite tasty! 
I made these little packets on Friday night because it was the first time I was able to get to the grocery store. Like I said, this dish came together quickly. That was a really good thing because I had a meeting not long after my hubs got home from work. I scarfed my packet down after inhaling the sweet puff of steam that was released upon opening. Bobby liked his enough that if I made this again he would eat it. Both of the kids liked the squash and tried the apples but because I was not home they managed not to actually try the brussells sprouts.

I liked it. If I make this again I will have to make a quarter of the recipe just for me!

Make sure to check out the LYL to see how other cooks around the world liked this easy dish!

5 comments:

  1. This was such an easy recipe to prepare and Hubby
    and I loved it. Yours looks delicious, I love that
    sage leaf sticking out. Happy Super-bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous ! While I love an adventure- it was nice to be using ingredients that I already knew and loved. There is something to be said for that comfort zone :) Plus this inspired me to use the technique with other items - it's way to quick and easy not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our house we have to fight over the Brussels sprouts :-)
    This was a nice easy side dish and worth repeating (even without the sprouts!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to have a reasonably uncontroversial recipe this week. One of the nice things about this one is that it's easy to adjust the ingredients to make it for one or for a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really was a quick dish to put together. Loved it and will make again!

    ReplyDelete