Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

It took me three tries to actually write 2013 in the title. I wonder how long it will take to write it on paperwork!

Happy new year! I hope 2013 is a year of blessings on each and every one of you!
Did you set new year resolutions? Last year our family decided our resolution was to not go to McDonald's  The biggest reason for that was there is one very close to us and it was far too easy to drive through on a regular basis. Well, we made it! One entire year with no McDonald's! As for this year we didn't really make resolutions but I do have a few things I would like to accomplish:

1) Read my Bible more often and model that for my kiddos. We are going to an evening service with our kiddos on Sunday evenings but I would like to find a place for them where they can learn about God in a great environment and also about serving others in the morning.

2) Put down the smart phone and be more connected to my kiddos and my hubster. On that same note be a better friend! Not feel slighted or left out because no one calls me. I will pick up the phone and call them.

3) Run the Music City Half Marathon. I have already signed up and paid the money so now I just have to actually do the training. I have some neighbors that are going to be doing it as well so there is some accountability there.

4) Cut out soda at least for the month of January. Our old church did a 21 day fast in January and I did it 2 years in a row. This year I am cutting out soda.

5) Cook at home more often.

I don't think these are unreasonable things to strive for over the next year. If you see me blogging hopefully it will be about these goals. :)


Last night we rang in the new year with several friends and family members. Let's just say that Just Dance 3 is quite entertaining when the men are dancing to California Girls by Katy Perry. I have a sneaking suspicion that most people really want to play that game but need to see someone else look foolish first. :) Everyone at the party got a turn. Here is to dancing like no one is watching!

1 comment: