Thursday, January 03, 2013

Black Forest Cake

I am in the middle of baking a  birthday cake for my husbster. It is a Black Forest Cake that I saw here.  I had to go to the store and pick up cherries to go in the cake. The problem with that is I didn't want to go far. The Piggly Wiggly ( I always think about Sweet Home Alabama when I think of the Pig) had a bunch of cans of cherries in water that expired in Oct. We ran to dollar general but had no luck there either. Finally I decided we needed to make the trek to Kroger where we were rewarded with cans of cherries. I suppose I should have started there.

Short break was taken...as in 4 hours or so since I started this post. The cake is baked, decorated, candled, and eaten. Bobby said that it was really moist and that it was really tasty! I am glad. I liked it too. This was really a pretty easy cake to bake. The chocolate cake was adapted from the Hershey cookbook. This is the same chocolate cake I used for the storm trooper cake (a side note my stormtrooper cake was pinned on a nerdy board on pinterest!) last year.



I am so thankful for my husband and that he likes the treats that I make on a fairly regular basis. My pictures of the cake are horrible but you get the idea. If you want to make this check out brown eyed baker's blog at the link in the first paragraph.

Happy birthday my dear hubster! Here is to many more cake experiments in the future! :) I love you!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

If someone made me a cake like that for my Birthday I would be over the moon. I love black forest! Happy Birthday to your husband :-)

Karen said...

Thanks Nicola! It was delicious! I think he had a nice birthday. :)