{TWD:BWJ} Not Hazelnut Biscotti


 Here it is July and I missed both June recipes...I take that back. I made the French Strawberry Cake. It was delicious but it was ugly and my photos were terrible...I may post them later. They are on another SD card.

Today's recipe, Hazelnut Biscotti, hosted by Jodi of Homemade and Wholesome and Katrina of Baking and Boys, was quite easy to put together.

If you are looking for the actual recipe for Hazelnut biscotti you can check out their sites. Since I did not have hazelnuts or hazelnut extract I opted for reducing the flour and including 1/3 cup cocoa power, orange extract and semisweet chocolate chips. I did consider dipping them in chocolate but we are about to head out the door for fireworks so that is not going to happen tonight.
My little family of four are big fans of the chocolate orange combo so these mini ( I didn't make my loaves quite chubby enough for traditional sized biscotti) biscotti were an instant hit. None of us are coffee drinkers though so these may last awhile...or make their way to a neighbors house in the near future (they are far away from the edges of the counter so the darn dog should not be able to eat them while we are out). The recipe said that tightly wrapped these stay good for a month. I suppose twice baking them so they are crispy help with that. :) Make sure to check out the LYL to see how other bakers played around with the recipe this week. :)

Comments

  1. Mmmm, lots of chocolate. I love chocolate and orange, too! My husband has been enjoying them dipped in milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this baking journey taken by many TWD'ers has hatched a covey of improv bakers! Nicely done and perhaps some tea w/biscotti would hit the spot. My other theory is Jenni's IC? would be quite tasty with the cookies.
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica7:54 AM

    They lok beautiful and you made such a clever flavor variation

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate-orange is the perfect combination! Thank you so much for the great idea.
    They look perfect and delicious!
    PS: beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate-orange was a nice combination choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go wrong with chocolate/orange combo! I always buy the chocolate orange at Cost Plus at Christmas for the stockings. They are so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment