Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creative Discovery Museum

On Saturday I sent a message to my friend Angela to see if she could meet me in Chattanooga on MLK Day so we could hang out for the day. We ended up at the Creative Discovery Museum which was perfect for us and the kids. Munchkin and The Sports Star have been buddies since they were babies so we love to get together when we can. One of my first memories of Angela is her coming to visit me in the hospital when I had Munchkin. So, she has been a part of my life for over nine year. I am blessed to call her friend! :)
The Big Kahuna looks like a little wizard in this photo. :) This museum was completely hands on and the kids loved it. I loved the layout because Ang and I could sit in one area and talk and could see the kids from where we were. It is so weird to be able to go to a place like that and not have to be on top of my babies every single second. They are big enough that as long as I could see them I felt like they were fine.
One of the great things about this museum was that you could leave and come back. This means that we were able to go out to lunch and come back. It was a little less busy when we came back from lunch, I am sure partially because all the little kids went home for naptime. Another great thing was that parking was $5 for the entire day. Since everything was close by we were able to leave the cars and walk to lunch.
It was difficult to leave our sweet friends at the end of the day. We do not get to see them nearly enough so it is days like these with them that I treasure. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have such a sweet friend in Angela and that my grandbabies have best buddies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to visit museums and i hope you and kids had a great time here and these pictures shows too.

    ReplyDelete