{TWD} Tourtely Apple Tart

Is it a tart or is it a pie? That was the leading question for this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe.  I actually kind of baked along with some other members of TWD on twitter today including Jeanette of The Whimsical Cupcake who chose this weeks recipe. It was fun to keep up with what others were doing and good to know I was in the same part of the process as others.
 I made the dough yesterday and popped it in the fridge. My tart pan is 11 inches so I found another plate (one that I got for free from some food magazine years ago) that was 9 inches and patted in half of the dough. While the base was in the oven I made the filling. Since the recipe said applesauce I was surprised that it stayed so chunky. Of course, once I check out the other posts I may find that it was too chunky. Oh well, it was tasty anyway. :)
One twitter comment was that this tart tasted like McDonald's Apple Pie. I can see why they would think that but my Little Man said it did not taste the same and he is, of course, a McDonald's Apple Pie connoisseur. ;)
My daughter wouldn't even try the tart because, in her words, "I am not a cooked fruit person". Hubs tried it and really liked it, but he likes my apple pie so it makes sense that he would like it.

I loved this! Despite the top crust being my enemy, I thought it was pretty tasty. Honestly, I could eat the dough all by itself. It was flaky and delicious! Make sure to check out the LYL to see how other bakers did this week. Also, make sure to check out the cookbook Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan!

Comments

  1. Your tart looks great Karen - you'd never know that the top crust was your enemy. Your daughter is missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those chunks make your tart even more delicious-looking! Yummy...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum I could eat that dough alone too! This looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dough was so good, but the filling was pretty tasty, too. I mashed down the filling since I was making small tarts. I don't think the chunky filling would have worked with my 3-1/2" pans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that comment "I'm not a cooked fruit person." That cracked me up. I think your tart looks really good, way better than mine....with its dark circle. he he
    Tasty too. Nicely done.
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter isn't a 'cooked fruit' person either, but she did eat a couple of bites to give me feedback.

    I took the dough scraps and baked them as cookies. Best part of the whole dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment