Southern Women's Show

On Friday I went to the Southern Women's Show at the Nashville Convention Center. I didn't know anyone who wanted to go on Friday so I went by myself. By the time I got there it was pouring down rain and I parked a couple of blocks away. Thankfully I have a big umbrella and stayed fairly dry. I thought I was early enough that I wouldn't be in a big line but I was wrong. The line was ridiculously long and there was a lot of big hair. I am not just talking body, I am talking big hair!

I started off spinning a wheel and getting a coupon for something from Firestone. I missed the Nashville Ballet Flash Mob as it was on the other side of the convention center from me. Of course, I have to wonder, if a flash mob is on the schedule does that actually make it a flash mob or just a performance?

As I roamed the aisles of the show I remembered why I hadn't been in awhile. I don't really care about monogrammed anything, I don't really care about purses, timeshares or even expensive shoes. Much of the stuff in the center just did not apply to me. However, I did love the cooking demo given by Stuart Mayo for waterless cookware. I realize it was a presentation to sell the cookware but I liked it anyway. I did get to see Holly Thompson from channel 4 and Kix Brooks who was signing autographs. I also got to have a lovely lunch with my hubs downtown. :)

The Southern Women's Show was pretty fun but probably would have been more fun with a friend. The last time I went I took my kiddos, one of whom was in a stroller. I was thankful not to be pushing a stroller this time.

I may go back next year. I guess time will tell. :)

Comments

  1. I wish I had known you were going. I haven't been in over 10 years. Although from your description, I'm not sure I missed much :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment