Friday, April 22, 2011

{FFwD} Mustard Batons

If you are looking for an extremely simple but very delicious savory recipe, I have found it! This recipe took less than 5 minutes to put together and only 15 minutes to bake. I only had 1 sheet of puff pastry in the freezer, I did not roll it out, used stone ground mustard and a pizza cutter. Hubs is a bread eater. He saw these and was more than happy to be my tester. He REALLY liked them. Of course we went outside and it turns out the dog also liked them. At least I only made 8. I could have probably made them thinner and will probably do that the next time....and make a sweet version.

Make sure to check out French Fridays with Dorie's LYL to see how other cooks around the world adapted this recipe this week! :)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Those look really good. I'll have to try them.

tricia s. said...

We loved these ! Nana and I are big mustard fans and also lovers of puff pastry....so this one would have tried hard to fail. The fact that it took no time and has countless possible combos just endeared the recipe to us all the more. So glad your household liked it as well. Even your lucky dog :)

Cher said...

These were so easy & good. I made a version last night with a rhubarb ginger marmalade and they were crazy good - so definitely try something sweet. The possibilities are endless, it seems.

onewetfoot said...

Yours turned out beautifully. This is another great anything goes recipe from Dorie. I made the tapenade version, but made slices instead of b√Ętons, as I used a very thick layer of tapenade. So good!

yummychunklet said...

I'm with you on making a sweet version next time! Great post!

Kelsey said...

mmmmmmm mmm bhbhx klmzx ml,a klmp,as jnkmns mnzm ,cdm csmk. Woof!