Sunday, April 17, 2011

{FFwD} Chocolate Eclairs

 If this adorable little face was offering you an eclair you would be sure to take it, wouldn't you? :) He was so excited to be my taster for this weeks French Fridays with Dorie recipe. The recipe was actually for vanilla eclairs but why do vanilla when you can always to chocolate. Plus, the photo in the book had chocolate eclairs.
The thing that surprised me about these was how small they were. That is my husbands hand and they were not much bigger than his fingers. It doesn't matter how small they were, they were delicious! Instead of ganache for the frosting I used the same pastry cream that I used inside. I realized I can almost make pastry cream in my sleep. Last but not least, if you take these out on a plate to the neighbors who are working on their lawns they will eat them up, enjoy them and be very impressed! :) Definitely a recipe to go on the repeat file! :)

Make sure to check out the Leave your Link to see how other bakers did with this recipe this week! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'll gladly take your eclair... what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - I am sure saying "no" to that face is very difficult!
    You can never go wrong with chocolate! (And what lucky neighbors...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious picture- I miss having little boys at home (mine are 29 & 33 now)...your eclairs look delicious. From what I am reading, all of them were somewhat different in size, shape & flavor BUT scrumptious anyway, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make these but time is running away from me! They look yummy! Ilove the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. smaller = I get to eat more.

    ReplyDelete