Tuesday, March 01, 2011

{TWD} Chocolate Pots de Creme

One of my very favorite desserts is Creme Brulee. I love the crunchy top, I love the creamy custard and I especially love when there is fruit baked in it as well. I do not really like pudding. This recipe sounded like it would be close to the custard in Creme Brulee rather that pudding but it was easier to tell the kids it was pudding. A big thank you to Christine at Black Cat Cooking for choosing this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie Recipe. Now the results of my Pots de Creme:


8 little pot de creme sitting on the counter
1 was eaten by the dog and then there were seven
7 little pots de creme sitting on the counter
1 got its picture taken and then there were 6
6 little pots de creme sitting on the counter
1 was gobbled by a sweet little boy and the there were 5
5 little pots de creme sitting on the counter
1 was torched and sprinkled with raspberry syrup and then there were 4
4 little pots de creme sitting on the counter
1 was eaten by a hubby and then there were 3
3 little pots de creme sitting in the refrigerator
those three pots were saved for later
8 little pots de creme sitting on the counter
each and every one enjoyed one more than the others


Go make this recipe now! You can check out Christine's blog for the recipe or go buy Baking from My Home to Yours! :)

11 comments:

  1. Love your bottom photo with gooey pud on the spoon ... Mmmm, chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a poet and you don't even know it :). Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy photos! And your post made me laugh!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post! looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do disappear quickly! Hmmm, pots de creme with a creme brulee toppping...you gave me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the tops are PERFECT! smooth n decadent.
    Buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really similar to creme brulee in some ways. Amazingly, of the 4 I made on Sunday one is still left! I'm sure hubby will eat it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute post. Your pots de creme look so smooth and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen! I've awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award. You can find all the details about this award on my blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pots de creme look great (and I love the poem!)

    ReplyDelete