Saturday, February 19, 2011

What is on Your Nightstand?

About a month ago I ran across a Jennifer's blog Cooking for Comfort. She is part of Tuesdays with Dorie and has a segment on her blog called 52 in 52. She is reading 52 books in the year. A book a week? That does not seem too difficult. However, I need some suggestions. Since January 1st I have read:

Uglies by Scott Westerfield (Yes, I realize half of these are in the teen section...don't judge..  ;)  )
I Was Told There's Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
The Tenth Circle by Jodi Piccoult
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Vanishing Acts by Jodi Piccoult
Lemony Snicket: The Reptile Room (previewing for Munchkin)
Bobby Flay Throwdown Cookbook

I am in the middle of:
Lost in NashVegas by Rachel Hauck

Checked out from the library:
Fallen by Lauren Kate (actually I have to replace this one as my dog ate it)
Torment by Lauren Kate
The Fallen 1 and The Fallen 2 by Tom Sniegoski
Pretties and Specials by Scott Westerfield
The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Requested from the library:
Awakened by P.C. Cast (the newest book in the House of Night series. I read the first 7 books in the series in 2 weeks in December)
Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman
Radical by David Platt


What else should I add to my list? What is something that you have read that you just could not put down? I am considering the Outlander series and several other but would like your input. Fire away!

4 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

Paths of Glory by Jeffery Archer

Debbie said...

Do read the Outlander series. It will have you speaking in your Scottish brogue again.

Sarah said...

I have loved all of Wallace Stegner's fiction. I think "These is MY Words is Amazing, and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" is a really fun read. Oh, and "On Rue Tatin" is a great story with recipes.

Karen said...

Thanks ladies! I will have to check each of those out. I read the Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last year and loved it! :)