Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{TWD} Toasted Almond Scones

So, this morning I discovered I am out of vanilla...again. My counters have been covered with Girl Scout cookies the last couple of weeks and I am teaching 4 classes this month. Excuses, excuses you say, I am sure these scones are absolutely fantastic and you should have moved the girl scout cookies for clear counters for baking!


Instead of Scones this morning, Swedish Visiting Cake was on the agenda. It is week 5 of my class and I told my students I would bring a dessert. This cake is so fast and easy, my other 2 classes ending this week may be getting it as well. Like I said, out of vanilla. There is a bit of a difference in flavor but not much. It is still delicious. I made an extra this morning for my family for breakfast.

Anyway, have a fabulous day and check out how the actual scones turned out on the LYL.

4 comments:

  1. I loved that Swedish Visiting cake! Im sure your students enjoyed it! If you can bake the scones do so..they are very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I would like to take your class just to try this cake! Making your own vanilla is quite easy. All you need is a vanilla bean and some vodka.

    ReplyDelete