Springish...and Tornados are in the Air

It is springish here in the south. And with fluctuating temps come severe weather. Every year there are straightline winds and tornados and crazy things like that happening. Thursday night I was teaching and let my class go a few minutes early (we had only taken 1 short 10 minute break). As soon as I got in my car I heard there was a tornado warning. As soon as I got home there was a huge lightening flash and it started to pour. Had I let class out on time I would have been driving at the same time as the storm was making a path near my house.

As I drove the kids to school on Friday we were amazed by some of the trees down and some of the destruction. We are so thankful that no one was injured. I had my camera on me and stopped for just a couple of photos.





Hubs went and helped out a friend who had a tree on his house on Friday morning.
We have more storms tonight and tomorrow. I love a good storm but I am not a fan of the severe ones.

Comments

  1. Be safe, honey.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it was such a scary storm. I glad that It sounds like you and your family were safe though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment