{TWD} Nutty Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake

 A big thank you to Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort for choosing this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. Not only is she a fabulous cook she is taking on the challenge of 52 books in 52 weeks. Add her to your reader to see her reviews each week. The cake in the kitchen smells delicious. I am wrapping up 21 days of fasting with my church and my actual fast ends at midnight tomorrow. So when I say this smells delicious I am not kidding.
What is not to love about this lovely cake? The swirl is chock full of walnuts, mini chocolate chips, mini white chocolate chips, sugar infused with orange zest  and cinnamon.
Hubs is my taster tonight and said that he can really taste the orange and the walnuts. I left out currants because my family would pick them out anyway. Hubs said he needed a second piece to make sure it was good. I am glad he approves because the rest is going to my new students tomorrow. :)

Check out the LYL to see how the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers did this week. Better yet pick up Dorie's Baking From My Home to Yours.

Check back next week for Great Grains Muffins. :)

Comments

  1. YOu are so right..whats not to love about this cake! It's so good! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bundt cake looks perfect, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure about the orange and chocolate together, but I ended up loving this cake! Hope you saved yourself a slice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! I skipped the fruit on this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bundt turned a nice golden brown color. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bundt - and what a perfect way to end a fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got at least a piece of it today! Fasten season will start once again for me in March, but I can not imagine baking and not eating it! Congrats to you for this resistance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaving out the currants was a good idea - they were the only thing I didn't like about this cake. It looks fabulous - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your cake looks very similar to my cake. Amazing. hee hee. They could be sisters. Love it and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...fasting for 21 days. What an amazing commitment!

    Thank you for your kind words-and thank you for baking along with me-your cake looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bundt cake looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did taste this finally, right?? It was such a good cake. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 21 days fasting--as in no eating at all?
    Great cake. We're all wondering--did you try it yourself? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment