Tuesday, January 04, 2011

{TWD} Midnight Crackles

Today is Tuesdays with Dorie's 3rd anniversary. A great big thank you goes out to Laurie of Slush who started the group 3 years ago and Julie of Someone's in the Kitchen for choosing this weeks recipe. They were easy Peasy! :) Whip up the dough, divide in half, chill and bake. Because I am lazy...or because I was also baking Madelines and a birthday cake I just sliced these and baked them. They remind me a little of World Peace Cookies only clovey instead of salty. They were tasty anyway. :) If you get a chance check out the LYL to see how bakers around the world did with these this week.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were baking up a storm! :) Great looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you can make almost any cookie a slice n bake. easy! love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the slicing method and will have to try that next time, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good idea! I definitely need to try slicing the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look gret! I liked them too and they reminded me of the WP cookies minus the salt!!
    Im looking fwd to baking in 2011 with you and the other TWD folkds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! You are busy. So glad you enjoyed these. Thanks for baking along! I really look forward to your posts. So glad I found you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard lots of bakers "complain" that these were impossible to scoop after chilling, so you're smart to have just sliced them. They are like World Peach Cookies, huh? I left out the spices anyway.
    I let my dough rest on the counter for 30 minutes like the recipe says and my dough was scoopable.
    Hope you're over the heacache from yesterday! If mom's not happy, ain't nobody happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time = slice and bake. Easy peasy!!

    ReplyDelete