Monday, January 17, 2011

{TWD} Lemon Poppyseed Muffins


Have you ever heard that eating poppy seeds will make you test positive on a drug test? I have no idea if that is true or not but I think about it every time I eat poppy seed muffins. :)

Todays recipe was chosen by Betsy of A Cup of Sweetness. You will be able to find the recipe on her blog. Although, I don't know where she has the time because she has the sweetest new little baby that has been recently featured! :)


These were well loved in our house. Hubs said the texture was more biscuity though than muffiny and I agreed with him. They were delicious even if they did taste more biscuity. The entire batch was gone as soon as they were out of the oven. 


Thanks Betsy, for choosing such a delicious recipe this week! Make sure to check out the LYL to see how bakers around the world did with this recipe this week. :)

8 comments:

cindy said...

I love your photo of muffins all in a row! Also love your blog header, very fun.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Such pretty photos - makes me wish I had a muffin for breakfast right now! :)

yummychunklet said...

Interesting that the texture was more like a biscuit than a muffin. They still look great!

Flourchild said...

I have heard that about the PS..No wonder I felt high..ha ha..jk!! YOur muffins look fabulous!! I loved the glaze!!

Pamela said...

Biscuit like, but still yummy! Nice job.

Cakelaw said...

LOL - I have never even heard of poppy seeds giving you a positive drug reading. Your muffins look fab, whether biscuit or muffin.

Katrina said...

Mine turned out muffin-y. I plan to make them again without the poppy seeds, maybe with orange, too.

B said...

I always think the same thing when eating poppyseeds. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine couldn't travel abroad because of the opium test? Thanks for baking with me this week. Your muffins look delicious!