Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{TWD} Chocolate Fluff Filled Madelines


Have you ever had these cute little cookies? This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Margot of Effort to Deliciousness. She will have the recipe up at her site. The only special item you need for this is a Madeline pan. I didn't have one but s luck would have it, I got a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond for Christmas and was able to pick one up. 
I think I am going to need some practice with it though as I over filled several of the molds and those had to bake an extra amount of time. I know you can't see the fluff in these but I promise it is there. 
I made a giant mess trying to fill these. Since, for some reason I don't have a pastry bag or dedicated tips, I found a random tip and used a snack sized ziplok bag...which would have been fine had the bag not exploded. Have you ever gotten marshmallow fluff of your hands? It is sticky.

These were really tasty little cookies. My kiddos LOVED them and even took some in their lunches. I really liked trying out the new pan and it will definitely get use in my kitchen. I may not fill them the next time but it was worth it this time. :) Check out the LYL to see what creative ways other TWD came up with to bake these.

7 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Glad these were enjoyed. I didn't even attempt to fill them.

Jessica said...

Looks great! Fluff isn't the easiest filling for sure. I love that your kids took them to school -- how fancy! :)

Flourchild said...

Great looking cookies! Im glad your family enjoyed them!

yummychunklet said...

Your cookies look great! I like the Hannah Montana serving plate! Lol!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look so yummy!

Kayte said...

They look lovely, very elegant perched on that plate like that, etc.! Perfect treats for lunch boxes, great idea!

margot said...

Your madeleines look lovely, I'm glad they were a hit! The filling was difficult, wasn't it? I chose the recipe because I love marshmallow fluff, but the ganache really ended being the star of the recipe. Thanks for baking with me this week!