Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011


Last night my kiddos waited expectantly for the news to call off school for them. It didn't happen. Sure, a few counties called off but those were some that have hollers and icy backroads. 


This morning I got the phone call at 5:30 AM. I always love to wake up at 5:30 am.... I did manage to turn off my alarm and go back to sleep.


About an hour later my little ones started to stir. They came in a told us they were going to check the news to see if they had school. A few minutes later we heard a whoop from downstairs and two very excited voices. 


Hubs and I went back to sleep for a bit and then I went out to snap these before there were a ton of tracks in the snow.


It looks like a day of sledding, hot chocolate, and movies is in the works at our house. 


How about you? What is on your agenda for this nippy Monday?

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, never had a snow day in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freezing to death without the benefit of snow and being a whinny bus driver driving whinny kids.

    ReplyDelete