Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Sickies Have Hit Our House

I see it all over facebook. People are sick all around the country. It is our turn now. Munchkin started coughing yesterday, a stuffy nose last night. A trip to the ped today confirmed she has the Flu Type A. I am coughing as well and probably have it as well. So far I don't feel terrible. I have a low grade fever and a cough.

Munchkin is a very active child. She has never been a great sleeper and is in constant motion....well not always, she can sit for an hour and read a book but she is tapping or pacing or jumping. From the time she was under a year we could tell when she was getting sick. She got quiet and cuddly. It is the same now as it was then. If a fever is coming on she gets clingy and sweet and sleepy. She never falls asleep early. Tonight we are watching American Idol, one of her favorite shows, and she is crashed out next to me on the couch. So sweet. I am praying that she feels better very quickly. She is supposed to go on a field trip Friday but it looks like she will miss it. I am hoping for one more snow day so it can be rescheduled.

I am also praying the hubs and Little Man stay away from the sickness...I may be sleeping on the couch. I hope you and yours stay healthy as well!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hope she feels better soon!

Debbie said...

I'm sorry my baby feels so bad. Give her a big kiss and hug from me.
Grandma Brown