The Morning After....

What did you think I was going to say? Something lewd and crude? Nah, not me....
I am talking about the morning after the first day back to school after Christmas break. Yesterday went off without a hitch. The kids got dressed, fed the dog, ate their breakfast and were all around cheery. This morning (and I know it is all me...mostly) things did not go well.

I woke up with a raging headache (caffeine and sugar withdrawal will do that to a girl...) and did not want to get out of bed. I am typically a pretty good morning person but today was not one of those days. Munchkin told me it was hat day at school...there was no notification of that except that her teacher told them. So, not only were we rushing around trying to get dressed, trying to get lunches packed, trying to get breakfasts eaten, trying to get the dog fed...we were also looking for hats for the kids to put in their backpacks just in case it was hat day.

We pulled into the parking lot at 8:02...not too bad considering the raging headache and the amount of mean mommy there was this morning. Of course the kids seemed to take everything in stride and were out the door with a kiss and a smile. Now I am home, a headache pill taken and I am going to rest until I need to get up and go help out at school. :) Hopefully the raging headache will be gone by then.

Comments

  1. Hope your headache is better. Did you see the sock monkey hat over on Pioneer Woman's Blog? So cute! Would my grandbabies wear them if I could find them one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day got better. Giving up caffeine and sugar? Good luck! I don't usually eat much sugary snacky food but I did over Christmas and now I just feel icky. I think sugar detox is nothing to be scoffed at!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment