Tuesday, December 21, 2010

{TWD} Cardamom Crumb Cake

Welcome to Tuesdays with Dorie and Cardamom Crumb Cake. This week's recipe was chosen by Jill of Jill's blog. It took me forever to decide to make this recipe because I didn't have any cardamom. I have looked for this particular spice before but have held off buying it because it is around $9 for a small container. So, like any good baker I started googling substitutes for cardamom. It didn't seem like there were any good substitutes out there. However, I saw several people say that Cardamom could be purchased at World Market for a much lower price.

Handily, our cost plus is located right next to Target. Since I was in need of bubble mailers I was able to take care of two birds with one stone. For future reference Cardamom was $2.99 for a bigger bottle than I could find at other stores. It will also last for quite some time.

This was really easy to throw together. I doubled the recipe and baked it in 6 mini loaf pans. I have a small class and think I will take the loaves to my students tonight.

As I type, the loaves are cooling on the counter and I have two anxious tasters waiting to do their job. :)


Check out Jill's blog for the recipe or better yet get Dorie's cookbook, Baking From My Home to Yours.

8 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Love the mini loaf pans!

jillbert said...

Your mini loaves look great! I hope you and your tasters enjoyed the cake. Great going on the cardamom from World Market! I try to remember to go there when I need an unusual ingredient.

Jessica said...

I love the mini loaves! Do you want to send me one in a bubble mailer? :) Good tip about World Market!

Flourchild said...

It looks so yummy! Im going to make it today..late but better then not baking it!

Debbie said...

These look so good they make my mouth water. Hope the dog wasn't one of your eager tasters.

TeaLady said...

WOW! What a great price on Cardamom. Maybe you should get some for all of us. And mini cakes were definitely the way to go with this one. Easy to share.

Katrina said...

Love the idea of making this in to loaves!

Cakelaw said...

The mini loaves look great. LOL at the "anxious tasters".