{FFWD} Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Peanuts

Have you seen the commercials with Mr. Peanut who is inexplicably talking after all these years. Well, my nutcracker got his revenge in my kitchen yesterday.

I suppose Santa did too. :) These were super easy to put together and bake. I left hubby in charge of getting them out of the oven as I had to run and pick up my kiddos from school. When we got home they were begging for a snack and Munchkin spied these Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Peanuts as soon as she hit the kitchen. After asking if she could try them I told her yes but didn't tell her what was on them. 

She said they first tasted like chocolate and then like cinnamon and then they had a slow......and kind of made a swoop with her hand. Her daddy came in and asked if it was a slow burn. The answer was a resounding yes. These are a hit for my hubby and my girl but my Little Man wouldn't try them because he doesn't like nuts and I didn't try them because just smelling the cayenne pepper gave me heartburn. If you are looking for an easy party recipe, this is the one for you. 

Each person in the club can choose what order to post the months recipes so check out the LYL to see what almost 1000 other cooks from around the world made today. Also, make sure to check out Dorie Greenspans Around My French Table for the recipe. If you decide to join the club let me know so I can add you to my Google Reader!

Be on the lookout for Speculoos, My Go To Beef Daube, Leek and Potato Soup and Spicy Glazed Carrots. 


Comments

  1. Ah - I always wondered what would happen if Mr. Peanut and the Nutcracker came face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cayenne pepper does the same thing to me, so when I make these I will probably do a different variation. I'm glad your husband and daughter liked them - so cute her reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great opening image (both in words and photo)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! They look great. My sister made these last week - I still need to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is so cute - very festive! So nice that your daughter liked the nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo is so professional looking. Can't wait to try these…not sure about the cayenne pepper though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Santa and nutcracker. These nuts were fab, and I am glad that hubby and daughter liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment