Friday, December 31, 2010

{FFwD} Spicy Glazed Carrots

Thanks for visiting my blog on a day when over 1000 cooks around the world are cooking together out of Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. French Fridays with Dorie would love to have you so purchase the book and get cooking! Let me know if you have a blog so I can add you to my reader!

These carrots were simple and delicious! They called for Cardamom pods but I had ground cardamom. Using the ground cardamom was the only change I made. The flavor was really mild and quite delicious. I served these with ham, garlic mashed potatoes and homemade rolls for Christmas dinner. Everyone gobbled them up and said they really liked them. I know I did! I hope you will make them and enjoy them too! :)

5 comments:

  1. Your carrots look great. I made these last night for a test run for New Year's day and ate them all myself! I'm sure they were great for Christmas and I'm looking forward to serving them tomorrow for my guests. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Someone else besides me used ground cardamom! I was beginning to think I was a bad "follower"! Here's wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I used ground cardamom too - I had it, but no whole pods, so why not? Your carrots look delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Ditto on the ground cardamom. When I saw that the little bottle of pods was 14$ at the grocery store, I figured let's run with what I already have. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These carrots are so good! Yours look like they turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete