{FFwD} Leek and Potato Soup

When I was growing up I did not like soup. I liked my moms chili, but that is not soup. I did not like soup in college either. I could not understand how any of my classmates could ladle the gloppy nastiness out of the big pots and actually eat it.

After we moved to Tennessee I discovered potato soup at Rafferety's and at O'Charly's. A soup convert was born. My son and husband are not really fans of soup but my daughter loves it! She is more than happy to try any kind of soup that is available. 

This soup had only a few ingredients and really was easy to throw together. I managed to forget to slice the garlic and threw it in the pot whole. The soup smelled great and I was planning on leaving it chunky because I like soup with heft. However, it looked like the milk curdled and I was, frankly, grossed out. So I used my immersion blender and made the soup smooth. 


I tossed some shredded Parmesan cheese and some parsley on top and gave this to my daughter. She liked it but I don't think she was terribly hungry so most of it went uneaten. The rest is in the freezer for another chilly day. 
Make sure to check out the LYL to see what over 1000 other cooks around the world cooked this week. :)

Comments

  1. Your soup looks really good and I bet it was soothing on your sore throat. I'm making some carrot soup today. Got the recipe from my WW buds at the meeting today. Lost another 1.6 lbs and made my 5% goal today. Yeah me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup looks great! My daughter and I are soup fanatics and it's one of my favorite things to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soup looks delicious. Good to know the garlic can be left whole if I forget to chop it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just makes me want to make it again. We loved the taste and yours looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup looks terrific. The second time I made it, it looked a little curdled too (but tasted great)...I should have pureed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I partially pureed mine, which gave it a nice texture. Yours looks great. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't like soup, since Vancouver's so rainy much of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment