Disturbing Dream of the Week

Apparently I am prone to having disturbing, vivid dreams..and I remember them. This morning I woke up and had to tell my hubby all about it. It sounds like it could have been in a movie.

The kids were in school and hubs was at work so I decided to go to the venue on Sepulveda Blvd to get tickets to a Weezer show. It was a last minute stocking stuffer. The venue not only held concerts but was also a movie theater. I went to the top floor to buy the tickets but they were not on sale yet so I started to head down the stairs to leave the building. There were 2 staircases that went down and then an opening that looked like you would go to the next staircase but no railing and there was about a 10 foot drop to the next stairs. I felt very annoyed by this and wondered how many accidents they had every day with people falling ten feet through the air.

When I got to the exit and tried to open the door it wouldn't budge. There was a teenager sitting on a picnic bench that he had pulled up to the door. Several movies had let out at this point and people started calling 911 because they couldn't get out the door and there had been a bomb threat called in. All of a sudden the kid got up and walked away and the door opened.  Another kid (maybe 12) said "aw man! My mom is supposed to pick me up after the movie is over". I told him I would give him a ride home because he couldn't walk home by himself. So we started to walk toward my car which was parked a little ways away. There was a lake to the right of us and a girl was following us. All of a sudden I saw her give a signal and I looked up and saw a group of kids with rifles drawn. She started to dive into the lake so I shoved the kid in and dove in as well.  At this point the cops had shown up and were having a shootout with the kids with rifles.

The boy and I managed to get across the lake and jump a fence. We were not far from my car so I thought we could get to it but then I realized my keys, phone and purse had been dropped when we jumped in the lake. So, we hid in the courtyard for a few minutes when all of a sudden the girl and another kid that had escaped jumped the fence with some oars. They were going to escape across the lake. And then I woke up.

Disturbing, yes?

Comments

  1. hmmmm.... that IS strange! Wonder what your brain is working through. Could be a bunch of different shows and commercials all combined in a very strange dream. :) I've had that happen before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disturbing. The part about teens with guns reminded me of the tragic 1999 Columbine event. Let's hope this season and the new year will bring about more positive events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! What did you eat before bedtime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! i have crazy disturbing dreams as well...at this point my husband no longer listens when i try to tell him about my dreams...

    last night in my dream my leg got run over and was covered with huge gaping wounds that i was trying to heal with bandaids & neosporin! Then there was a group of witches in a school cafeteria and I woke up as i was being carried into the middle of their group and they were starting to cut or bite me or something horrid like that...eep!

    hope tonight is less eventful for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment