Monday, November 08, 2010

Things I should be doing...

It is Monday morning and the first day in quite some time I haven't been all stressed out. I am not sure why since there are the things I really need to be doing:
-tackling the giant pile of laundry in the basement. I swear I just washed all of my kids school clothes and they were digging the wrinkled ones out of the back of their drawers this morning.
-cleaning off my dining room table...it would be nice to sit there as a family but it currently is host to my daughters scrapbook, and a giant pile of mail and stuff to go through...yes it is a hot spot for those of you flylady types out there.
-organizing Munchkins room. The kids decided they wanted their own rooms again after about a year of sharing. I took on Little Mans Saturday and got it completely done (thinking about adding some vinyl Star Wars characters though). Munchkin was not happy that hers looked like it exploded. (I would make them do all this but it involves moving furniture and my little 8 year old can't quite move it herself yet). So, I have her bed moved, Bobby built a bookcase and that is in there but now I have to actually organize the room and make her keep it clean.
-I am actually in the process of making a "Not Just for Thanksgiving Cranberry Shortbread Cake" for Tuesdays with Dorie. Jam is cooling on the stove, butter is making its way to room temperature and then it will be on its way to the oven hopefully before school lets out.
-Perhaps I should be out to lunch with a friend right now....that would be good. Who wants to go out? That way we can reconnect and have a lovely day away from the chores. :)
OK, well that is all I can think of for right now. Enough procrastinating, I hear the washer has stopped so it is time to switch the laundry. My kids need clean underwear so I guess I can't put it off any longer.
I hope you are getting more done than I am today!

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see this cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pulled the cranberry shortbread cake out of the oven, smells fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I think I could just eat the dough. It is pretty tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete