Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spam and Anchovies



What's that you say? Spam and Anchovies are not your favorite things to eat? Well, I have joined a cooking club with the name Spam and Anchovies. :) Melissa and Vanessa beat me to the punch on blogging about it and you will have to go to Vanessa's site to see the purty pictures as I, the one whose given sound in the game Quelf is "click, click, click" did not take my camera out of the bag. I promise I will take some photos next time. We are trying to convince Kenna to blog and we missed our fifth lady Anne.

When I think of entertaining at my house I just hope no one sees the dog hair. Melissa does the entertaining thing right. Each of us brought ingredients for dinner and Melissa set up little stations for each of the recipes.We all kind of pitched in and helped make the pork roast, fall veggies, tea and Jasmine rice. Vanessa admitted she is not one for measuring and we were glad for a clean (unopened?) pair of pantyhose for the spiced tea. They make a fantastic strainer. :)

This was the first time in a long time I sat down with a small group of women and had conversation and dinner. We were not shouting over music at a restaurant or not talking because we were watching a movie. Those are fun too don't get me wrong but it was nice to sit down with other women on a meal we had made together and have good conversation. Did I mention these ladies are hilarious? One quote from the night "Everyone is normal until you get to know them". :) Ain't that the truth!

On a completely unrelated...ok it is related to the name...my mom used to make spam and broccoli casserole. It also makes a tasty treat when you have been on a two day fast and solo on Walkabout at Azusa Pacific and the leader of the team fries it up for everyone with pancakes (did we have pancakes?).
So, I have actually eaten Spam (don't say spam, it is real spiced ham, SPPAAAAMMMM). Don't shun me! ;)
In this week of Thanksgiving I am thankful for a fun group of ladies with a super cool cooking club name. :)

1 comment:

  1. I actually liked that Spam and broccoli casserole. Dad will not let me bring Spam in the house. I guess he ate to much of it as a kid.

    ReplyDelete