Monday, November 29, 2010

I am OLD!

Remember last week when I said that exercise was my nemesis? Well, my leg has been feeling better over the last few days so I decided I would try my regular 3.5 mile walk with my friend. At about the 2.5 mile mark we were walking up a hill and I felt a pop and something retracted in my leg. I have been thinking that ice would help but I guess it is off to the doctor I go....tomorrow.
Picture from bodybyrazz.com/excercise

Oh yeah, did I mention that I also have a loose crown that needs to be replaced. Fun times. I am feeling old today.
picture from smilebrokenarrow.com

On a different note that makes me feel old. Yesterday at church Susan Ashton helped lead worship.
If you went to high school with me she was on very high rotation on my sony discman and on the tape player in my car. There were two sixteen year old girls helping me at the check in desk at church and when I told them that I had Susan Ashton's tape they gave me the look that said "Tapes? What? Huh? You are old". It was very exciting for me to meet Susan as her music was so inspiring to me as a teenager. I adored her Wakened by the Wind album.

   She was lovely to meet. :) I need to go back and dig out my tapes now.

3 comments:

  1. LOl--I understand feeling old--I'm 26 and have a water aerobics class with senior citizens b/c I have so many health problems that my doctors said that's all I can do! And I've had a patch of gray hair since I was a teenager...

    it just means we're mature right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I know what you mean about the old thing. I used to think I was invincible - then the wheels started falling off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon. You are not old! I felt old today too..I finally had to move the age button up on the elliptical machine past the pre-set age!

    ReplyDelete