{FFwD} Potato Gratin

Garlic infused cream....
Let me say it again garlic infused cream.

Now add to that Gruyere cheese.
Can you taste it yet?
If not you need to go buy the book "Around my French Table" by Dorie Greenspan, join French Fridays with Dorie and make these potatoes now.
This recipe was a snap to make. While slicing the potatoes the garlic was being infused into the cream on the stove. It is the first time I have NOT boiled cream over on my stove when cooking Yea me! (However I did try to slice my thumb off with my mandolin. Note to self find guard and use it when slicing potatoes.)

I did have to cook them a bit longer than the stated recipe as my potatoes were sharing the oven with a pork roast that coincidentally had to be cooked at the same temp for the same amount of time. :)
These would be a fantastic addition to any Thanksgiving table.

Head over to the Leave your Link page and check out how other cooks around the world did with this or one of the other 3 recipes for the week. (It is November so the can be cooked in any order for the month.

Next week: Caramel Topped Semolina Cake

Comments

  1. Looks delicious! I like how you used a pie plate dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic infused cream! Can't wait to make this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime November hits, I just want to start making meals of nothing but potatoes. Imagine this gratin, with buttermilk mashed potatoes, and crash hot potatoes. I would sleep for a week, but it would be sooo worth it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!
    You were the winner of the Jumbies giveaway! Please contact me at at2wmn (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing address so I can get your prize shipped to you!
    http://harrisheather.com/?p=1417

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so my dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so delicious, and I love the little drip of melted cheese.

    I purposely did not vote for this dish because I am afraid that I will be unable to control myself around it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pan and the beautiful golden brown top of your potatoes. Can't wait to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. I'm a little behind so I won't be making mine until tomorrow. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im making these today! Our pastor and his family is coming over for ribs and I thought these taters would be wonderuful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pie plate is lovely, as are the contents. Garlic-infused cream is up there for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made this yesterday, only 1/4 of the recipe because I knew I'd love it and eat too much. It made three, cute little ramekins. It was divine. I actually only took a bite of my husband's serving.
    I did love the garlic cream, what a good idea!
    I'm only going to post FFWD once a month now, I just can't seem to get it all done weekly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment