Friday, October 08, 2010

{FFwD} Gerard's Mustard Tart

We have come to week 2 of French Fridays with Dorie. I was a bit nervous about making this dish, partially because my mom mentioned that she thought it would be really spicy. It was not however and turned out to be quite delicious.


My little foodie, Munchkin, was not a fan. My little picky eater, Little Man, loved it! I told him it was like pie and he ate every bite. Hubster liked it as well but then went out to Dairy Queen for some chicken fingers and mini blizzards. Even though he liked the tart it was more like an appetizer for him. :)

This was the first time I ever bought leeks so I had to look up a youtube video on how to cut and clean them. Yeah for Google and youtube! :) I do not have a steamer pan that was called for but do have a Pampered Chef micro cooker so I steamed my carrots and leeks in there before adding them to the tart. They were perfect (my mom did hers the same way but hers needed to be cooked a bit longer).
Mustard Tart before baking

This was really an easy recipe to put together and I will probably make it again! :) You can check out Dorie's site for information on the background of the recipe. Make sure to pick up he book "Around my French Table" and cook along with us each Friday! If you want to see how the other bloggers did you can check out the Leave Your Link Post as well.

8 comments:

spike. said...

love the design of your tart!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

I agree with Spike! Beautiful! :)

Tia said...

it looks delicious, great job! Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Katrina said...

Hey, your tart looks great! So fun to be cookin' in a new Dorie book! I'm sorry to be so slow getting over here. You're on my list and I want to get to every blog I can, then by the end of the day when I have a little time, I've been SO tired. Anyway, I'll eventually get here. ;) I know you understand.

Mary said...

Nice post. I like the pattern on the tart.

scrambledhenfruit said...

Beautiful design, beautiful tart!

Pamela said...

Looks great! I didn't make this one, because it just didn't seem very tempting to me. I'm relieved there is so much flexibility in this group! Hope you are doing okay!

Jayne said...

Such a pretty tart!! Beautiful!