Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{TWD} Coffee Break Muffins and a Catch up Post

It is Tuesday again and that means Tuesdays with Dorie. If you can't get enough of these recipes you will want to pick up a copy of Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. While you are at it pick up a copy of Dorie's new cookbook "Around My French Table" and join French Fridays with Dorie. There are no participation requirements but it is going to be a fun group. Dorie herself selected the first months recipes and she will be on a book tour starting soon.

Thank you to Rhiani from Chocoholic Anonymous for choosing this week's recipe. Coffee Break Muffins were the recipe of the week. They called for espresso powder and coffee but I didn't have either so I improvised a bit. I used hot chocolate instead of coffee, tossed a couple of marshmallows on top and used some mini toppers that I won in Pam's giveaway. They turned out perfectly. We ate them for breakfast this morning and everyone left the house with happy tummies.


Now, the catch up part. I also made cranberry upside downer today. This was chosen for last week by Sabrina of Superfluous. This was easy to make and quite delicious. Even my cooked fruit hating husband liked it. I did sub frozen cherries for the cranberries because I couldn't find cranberries. It was tasty anyway. :)

One more catch up recipe was Peanut Butter Criss Crosses chosen by Jasmine of Jasmine Cuisine. She is French Canadian so it is fun to read her blog as she posts in French and in English. :) I do not have pictures of these because I baked them and before they were cool packed them up and took them to my students. I used Chocolate Dreams Chocolate peanut butter and tossed in some caramel pieces. They were delicious and I need to make these again soon. :)

I am trying to get back in some kind of routine so I am baking and cooking regularly. Hopefully that will be in the near future. Next week: Tarte Fine

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I really think that using hot chocolate in place of coffee was a brilliant idea!! Nice way to use those mini toppers, too. :)

Tia said...

great substitutions you made this week.
I think I might try these with hot chocolate myself next time!
I made mine into coffee cake with chopped chocolate bars on top! Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Rhiani said...

Improv in the kitchen is great - I'm glad you enjoyed these!

Flourchild said...

Hot chocolate is a great alternative to coffee! I used chai tea and was very pleased with the results!
Im glad you were able to play catch up with the upside down cake. That was a great recipe! Everything looks very yummy!
Happy Baking and see ya next week!!

Jeannette said...

kudos and the triple feature post! it all looks so wonderful!