Life Happens

I must say I have not been a terribly prolific blogger as of late. Have you missed me? The last time I blogged was on my birthday and it was a short and copout kind of post.

This is what has happened to keep me from blogging:
A couple of months ago we had a lightening strike near our home. Apparently our home was not well grounded so the strike took out the motherboard on our computer along with my cell phone charger. I was thanking God that I had backed all of my photos up on an external hard drive a few weeks earlier. (Get an external drive right now...I'll wait...Ok? Good.) We do have a laptop but it is pretty slow and the battery runs out in about 10 minutes. So, my first excuse for not being a prolific blogger is no access. With the purchase of a new motherboard and a new laptop battery we are back in business.

No access caused another issue. Photoshop was on the desktop that lost the motherboard so for a couple of months I was without a way to edit photos which means I took very few photos. (Yes, I could use free software on the laptop with the short battery life battery but I had no motivation). Which means I am behind on my photo of the day blog as well.

On top of all of this I was just flat out depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I am not sure what the problem has been but I have been lonely and having a nice wallowy pity party for myself. (Selfish much?) I didn't want to do ANYTHING but sit in my house and sleep. To kick me out of my self pity mode hubs and I noticed a lump on Little Mans chest.

The lump on his chest worried me so I took him to the doctor who said to keep an eye on it and bring him back in in a month. Now, I should have just insisted that we do bloodwork then but I am hanging on until October 8th to see if the lump goes away. You may remember from earlier blogs that Little Man has ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum). He was diagnosed at 1. We took him to Physical Therapy once a week and Occupational Therapy once a month until he was 3. He was then not delayed enough to get services until he started Kindergarten. He was in kindergarten last year and had speech for most of the year (he wasn't delayed enough earlier but I kick my self thinking I should have been angrier and forced the issue so he got that service). This year he is taking Kindergarten again, has speech twice a week and Occupation Therapy once a week. He is pulled out of his class for each of those.

After I went to the doctor the other day I started researching the lump Little Man has. Apparently kids with ACC can have an issue with the pituitary gland causing early or late puberty. He is 6. After the appointment hubs said something along the lines of "doesn't our little guy have enough to deal with?" We both just shook our heads. God must have amazing plans for our little guy that we just can't see yet.

Outside of all of these depressing thoughts, the kids both started soccer and love it. Outside of crazy hormone issues they are healthy and happy, love school and for the most part each other. I have my husband, my kids, my family and friends. I am blessed beyond measure and I just have to trust God to pull me out of this funk I have been in.

Comments

  1. You've had a lot on your plate and maybe it's just getting back to being a part time stay at home mom that's knocked you back a bit. If you keep feeling like this though, see your doctor. You don't have to suffer with depression. Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you and little man!

    ps my word verification is "parying"...kind of like praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with. Hope everything is okay with your son and, like the previous commenter said, don't hesitate to take yourself to a doctor. We have to look after ourselves, so we can look after everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find that everything is okay with your Little Man! Yes, life is crazy sometimes! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. :) I am making an appointment for him to get everything checked out this week. The lump seems to be getting a bit smaller but I am not sure what that means. We'll see. I appreciate the prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment