Monday, August 09, 2010

August 9, 2010 - Menu Plan Monday

Another week, another menu. :)

Monday: Pork chops and steamed veggies
Tuesday: No Peek Chicken and veggies
Wednesday: Tacos
Thursday: Mac and Cheese
Friday: Pizza

This does not seem like a very well defined list at the moment. For instance, even though I know we are having pork chops tonight I have no idea what I am going to do with them yet. Perhaps I will cut them up into pieces, throw them in a pan with some spices and cooking sherry and serve over rice or maybe I will bake them with some marinade over them....hmmm suggestions welcome. :)

No Peek Chicken is a recipe my mom used to make and it has carried over into married life. It is amazing what you can do with 2 cans "Cream Of" soup, some rice and a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.

Tacos are always on our rotation because my husband would eat Mexican food for every meal if he could. I am a spice wimp though so he has to add salsa or other spicy things to his since I make them weak for me and the kids.

Mac and Cheese is another family recipe. The kids love it, hubby likes it and I will even eat leftovers of it.

I guess Saturday will be leftover day. :)

1 comment:

♥ recipe addict said...

I like your menu. It sounds like a typical week at our house! Down to the mac & cheese :) Looking forward to following your food blog.