Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24, 2010 - {TWD} Crunchy Peach Tart/Oatmeal Muffins


It is Tuesday so once again it is time for Tuesdays with Dorie, the fabulous baking group where people from around the world bake a recipe in harmony. I missed last weeks recipe due to school starting and general craziness. But, I have made up for it this week by making both recipes to share today. :)

This weeks recipe is Crunchy Peach Tart. A recipe my mom used to make was called Peach Kuchen. The Crunchy Peach Tart kind of reminded me of that so I figured I would like it right away. The base was a sweet tart dough with almonds. I learned how to blanch peaches and was amazed by how easily the skin came off. I think I like the tart dough a bit better without nuts but I have to say making it from scratch and by hand (still food processor-less) is very satisfying!

Now on to Oatmeal Breakfast Bread/Muffins. I made these this morning after dropping the kids off at school. I forgot to pick up unsweetened applesauce so I used what I had in the fridge. Unfortunately for my batter the applesauce was mixed berry and (if you are queasy don't read the next few words) made the batter look like vomit. That didn't last long though, once the struesal was on the top they looked much more tasty. Unfortunately I am not a fan of pecans so I don't like them too much but my kiddos liked them as an after school snack. I suppose that is a good thing though since I don't need to be eating the entire batch anyway.

Today was a good baking day. I felt very domestic! :)
Thank you to  Natalie from Oven Love for choosing the Oatmeal Breakfast Bread and Rachel of Sweet Tarte for the Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart
Make sure to check out all of the other bakers pages to see how they did with these two recipes.

22 comments:

  1. they both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for streusel!!! Looks very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the tart! I was so excited to learn that peach-peeling technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pie was done by an artist. It must have taken time to get those peaches, just right.

    Your muffins also look great. I am betting they tasted even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tart is a work of art. Glad to know that the kids enjoyed the muffins, Great after-school snack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both look sooo delicious! I was hesitant the first time I blanched peaches but now it's easy. Hope you got your oven cleaned up without too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look delicious, and your muffins certainly turned out better than my loaf. Come to think of it, I made them both on the same day too. Glad to see you back!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two delicious looking desserts in one post! Now I understand what Dorie meant about the center peach...for some reason I was stuck on that part. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both desserts (or breakfast items, depending on what you feel like) look delicious! Your peach pattern makes the tart less homey and more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! Both the peach tart and your oatmeal muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both the 'kuchen' and the muffins looks great. Next time for the bread it will be muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh -- what a lovely tart! The topping looks amazing with the peaches. Those muffins look fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tart looks great. I love the peach placement and way to get the muffins make. Love the tower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ciao ! I posted them today too (even a day late) I love your results !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your tart and your muffins look delicious! What a great after-school snack.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum. Both of these look so good. I loved blanching and peeling the peaches too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tart looks great, as do the muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful peach tart! I didn't need to blanch my peaches this time, as the skins came off easily with just a paring knife.

    ReplyDelete
  20. kudos to you for making two recipes in a week! Your tart looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of your recipes look amazing. I do love peaches, but I'd be likelier to make the muffins (even given your evocative description!).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job doing both the Oatmeal Breakfast Bread and the Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart! Both look divine!

    ReplyDelete