August 10, 2010 - {TWD} Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream

It is Tuesday once again and with it comes treats! :) Thank you to Katrina over at Baking and Boys for choosing this weeks delicious recipe. I have to say I was not surprised that she chose ice cream and I am excited to see what she does to it. Katrina is one of my favorite food bloggers. She never lets her recipes alone. Each and every recipe is tweaked somehow to make it her own. As far as the boys part goes, she has cute sons that get to enjoy all of the treats she makes.

You can pop over to her site for the Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream Recipe or pick up Dorie Greenspans "Baking From My Home to Yours". You won't be sorry. :)

On to the process:
This was a very basic ice cream recipe which before churned was very thick, like mousse or pudding. My kiddos loved licking the spoons once everything was mixed. Several other bakers said this needed something as it was pretty rich by itself. I tossed in some "bits o' brickle" and some Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  Very tasty, very rich and still sitting in my freezer. We are ice cream people in our house but we tend to be vanilla based ice cream people. And I LOVE chocolate. As much as I like it I think I would make it again to take to a party where more people get to enjoy it.

Please forgive the photo. Chocolate ice cream is not terribly photogenic.....

Comments

  1. As much as I love chocolate, I'm more of a vanilla girl myself. This ice cream is really good but so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments.

    As much as I LOVE chocolate I'd rather have vanilla ice cream with chocolate on top, because this is almost too rich. Delicious, but I can only eat a bite or two. I'd rather have a bowlful of something I can handle. ;)

    I think your photo looks great!

    Thanks for churning along with me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice cream "is" rich isn't it? Love your picture of the perfect scoop and I'm glad you tried it. The Bits O' Brickle sound like a wonderful add-in along with the peanut butter cup chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that pic. Looks like a ball of choclately goodness shooting up on a crystal rocket. And this ice cream will blow you away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is lovely -- a perfect scoop. I prefer chocolate to vanilla, although there are other flavors that will push the chocolate aside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously yum! This was a hit at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanna12:23 PM

    Wait, where is this week's treat? I always love to look at the pictures and then pretend I had some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment