What's on your bookshelf?

My husband and I are pretty avid readers and I feel like we are passing that on to our kiddos. Munchkin is reading like crazy this summer (Harry Potter 1 and 2, The Indian in the Cupboard, Beezus and Ramona, Ramonas World, Bernstein Bears Chapter books, Puppy Place series, Cam Jansen and many more) and we are reading a lot to Little Man (his favorite at the moment is a book about stock cars).

At the moment I am reading a completely cheesy chick lit novel. I just finished Rooms and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Rise of the Dreadfuls. I have The Help, Same Kind of Different As Me, and Such a Pretty Fat on my hold list at the library. I am looking forward to getting each of those soon...if #76 of 138 holds is soon.

A few more from the summer list:
A completely inappropriate vampire series
Crazy Love
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
City of Bones, City of Glass, City of Ashes
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Keeping Faith
Christian Atheist
All have been good some better than others.
So my question for you is what is on your nightstand/kindle/nook.....

Comments

  1. I've been reading books by Patrick Robinson - To The Death, and by Dale Brown - Rogue Forces and Shadow Command.
    I'm not a big reader, but I'm unable to put these down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my Kindle I have: The Bible, 1000 Days in Tuscany, The Lady in the Palazzo, and That Summer in Sicily, Rooms, A Promise to Remember, Alice in Wonderland, Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom, Son of Hamas, and a few more I can't remember because I don't have my kindle with me at the moment. Having the kindle has really made it a lot easier to get a lot of reading done this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Such A Pretty Fat and am getting ready to start some of her other books. I also really enjoyed How to Get Divorced by 30 by Sascha Rothchild (review on my blog--and no, it's not a manual--it's a memoir and a funny poignant one at that). Right now I'm reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I've also read biographies of Audrey Hepburn & Judy Garland. I just adore reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is almost blasphemous to say, but I was disappointed in The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. I suspect it was a money-making ploy... considering the timing of when it came out in relation to the movie release. The Immortals series is EXCELLENT! I could not put it down (says the librarian *LOL*) I see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo go out a lot but don't really hear much about it. You will have to let me know what you think. What is Christian Atheist? Sounds interesting. If you liked Pride, Prejudice and Zombies, you have to read Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It was written so well I almost believed it!

    Do you use librarything.com to keep track of your reading. I do. I read too much not to keep track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We kind of liked the Short Second Life of Bree Tanner just because it was a very fast read. :)

    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was a little slow at the beginning but finally got interesting about a third of the way through. Some of the content is very graphic and disturbing. But, a good story over all. :)

    Christian Atheist is written by the pastor of our church (lifechurch.tv)

    I hadn't heard of librarything.com but I will check it out. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment